Join our Team – Middleweight Interior Designer
An exciting opportunity for a talented designer to become an important additional member of our team: an award winning, established, and respected design studio in Borough, London.
turnerbates Design & Architecture work on a diverse range of projects, both home and abroad – from strategy to the delivery of projects, large and small, in the commercial workplace, hospitality, retail, and mixed-use sectors, for large private and public clients as well as small entrepreneurial organisations.
Located close to London Bridge, the studio is home to a dynamic and creative team (& two dogs!) who work with passion, dedication and commitment throughout every step of a project.
- 4 years experience minimum
- Experience in working on projects from initial brief to completion, including on-site interaction with contractors.
- Experience in the commercial, workplace, hospitality, retail and mixed-use sectors.
- Experience working on large complex schemes as well as small.
- Experience in working to deadlines and managing project budgets.
- Experience in working across multiple projects at one time.
Software (minimum requirements):
- Proficient in VectorWorks 2023 and above (as well as Archicad ideally), Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch Up, V-Ray and Microsoft 365.
- Used to working on Macs.
- Creative individual with a keen interest in current trends in architecture and design as well as new innovative materials and specifications.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team or directly with the directors.
- Confident and good presentation skills both face to face as well as virtually.
- A keen eye for details and good knowledge of detail drawing design.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical services as well as drainage.
- Good knowledge of requirements and process of Planning Applications.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations and process of Approvals.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Willing to travel in Europe for work if needed.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? Please send your CV, cover letter, portfolio of commercial/workplace experience and a written reference to [email protected] with the email subject – ‘Application – Middleweight Interior Designer Role’.
We look forward to hearing from you!